Thursday, April 3, 2008

Drum Heller Church

My homestead family told me they are going to Drum Heller, which is a city
not far a way from Calgary, and there is a museum very huge museum. Also, they
are going to the church to attend a baptize ion. Then I told them I will go with you
to the museum and when you finish from the church come and pick me up. After
two days, we went there but we found the museum closed so I have to go with them
to the church. I have not been in a church before because I am a Muslim. However,
there is not where to go except with them. Actually I decided to go to the church. It
was very strange to me when I first entered it. Then my family stared introduced
me to the people. Also, they were shocked when they knew I am Muslim. Then, I
tried to explain to each one when I talk with them about the museum. Actually that
was really strange to me. When they sing or when they baptize even the clothes all
of them wear a suit and I was wearing casual. I have conversation I think with the
most of them question from everywhere about everything. I found a lady used to
work in my home country and she told me” I know what are think about, I know
how is it difficult to you the life here.” I liked talking with her because she quite
understand when I give a comment about some thing or an opinion. We stayed
there around 4 hours and I was speaking English all the time what make me call my
friend to hear the Arabic sounds again to fell relax. It was a good time to use my
language with new and different people and I learn from that a lot.

No comments: